Saturday, December 6, 2008

i'm back i'm back

I wonder if anyone exists that (might) read this anymore. I know I had to delete several blogs off the list on the right...oh well.

So it's been 11 months and I suppose a lot has happened. I'll give you a quick update in terms of relative importance:

I graduated from college!

Not that there was much concern that I'd finish, but it's actually over. Even though I might have earlier said I was ready to be done and over with it, I probably would have taken that back in May. Due to a series of events (including a couple of keggers hosted by me and my roommates), I got really close with a lot of people during Senior year. So, naturally, it was tough to face the reality that I probably won't see a lot of them again. College ended up being pretty awesome, but I'm still not sure if the time where I was actually away at school was better than the times I was at home during the last four years. Either way, I'm happy with it.

Now, about putting that degree to good use...hm. There are some complicating factors (see bold line no. 2 below), but I hope to actually achieve that someday. It might be tough to break into the biz, though...tough economic times are bad for television, too, and media companies large and small are trimming staff. A somewhat hilarious example job posting I saw recently: A part-time on-camera meteorologist who would be paid a non-negotiable $8.50 an hour. That's basically what I make as a cashier at a grocery store! In the end, it's nothing for me to worry about for a little while, because...

I got braces!

Awesome, right? What more appropriate way to celebrate really, truly being an adult than by getting some metal glued to your teeth? To make a long story short...I've needed to fix something wrong with my mouth for a long time, and this was actually the best time to do it. The problem was probably less debilitating than the braces themselves (and def less noticeable), so I had some second thoughts shortly after getting them. But, things are going well and ideally everything will be completely done by New Years 2010.

But, man, how do kids put up with these things? Maybe I just like to complain...but they're pretty annoying. The last few months of adjustments haven't been too bad in the braces-rubbing-up-against-mouth-causing-pain-department, but it still makes eating much slower. And the amount of food that gets stuck in them is actually pretty hilarious. Again, it's really not bad, just a little frustrating sometimes...but I've more or less gotten used to them.

I got some action!

Haha. Oh man. I had a pretty good run going during late Summer. I'll go into more detail about them in another post, but basically I messed around with a cheerleader and a track athlete (with different results) and was this close to getting with a guy who I later discovered is in videos from Corbin Fisher. Oh, and then there was the short med student, the guy with awesome abs, the really closeted frat boy, the dude from NYC...well, those weren't hookups but interesting interactions anyhow.

Well, I think those are the three major points that are relevant to this blog. I haven't made any further progress on coming out, and it kind of took a backseat thus far in 2008 in spite of the urging of some online friends. So that's somewhat a disappointment, but I'll get there. Maybe soon...otherwise, the Hawks turned out to be pretty awesome in football, my job is kind of boring but gets the bills payed, my social life is also kind of boring but miles ahead of what some of my friends who are still in college are doing, and it's really fucking cold here and I hate it.

So yeah, I teased about the action and I'll get to that. Maybe later in the day after I've slept some. I'm going to actually try and blog at this thing some more. Again, does anybody still read? I get occasional random hits on here...let's take a roll call.

To reiterate a long-ago post, ways to contact me more directly are...

E-mail: cpt40522@gmail.com
Yahoo: cpt40522
AIM: I have it...but you'll have to ask for it ;)

Catch you later!

-T

1 comment:

K said...

Nice to see you back! I'm still reading so knock yourself out!